Brass electrical ties

Hi,
Having a real strong dislike for sighting modern plastic electrical ties under the hoods (or anywhere) on vintage cars, recently I bought several of these brass ties from the Restoration Supply Company, and their spiel is… “Authentic lightweight brass wire tie to correctly “tie stuff” together on vintage vehicles”.
ele244.JPG
My question is…What is the 'correct" way to tie them off. The pointy end from the outside through the end slot/hole and then upwards and outwards through the innermost hole? …seems like the way, but I just dont know. This is in order to secure some exposed wiring loom on my '15 speedster and because its clearly visible, I want to get it right.
Anybody “in the know”?
Thanks & Cheers,
Rob

I’ve always pulled them through the first hole and pulled tight, then folded it 180 degrees so it can be tucked into the second hole if that makes sense. Ford used ties like that made of aluminum well into the 1970’s but I have never seen any on a Model T.

Thanks Royce.
I agree, I’ve never seen them on a Model T either. The only other option I had was to use electrical tape, but I thought these looked more “finished”.
Thanks again,
Rob

I’ve generally pulled them through the primary opening and pulled tight, at that point collapsed it 180 degrees so it very well may be tucked into the second gap if that bodes well. Portage utilized ties like that made of aluminum well into the 1970’s nevertheless I have never observed any on a Model T.