Help Needed - 1912 Torpedo side curtains

Hi all,

I am having side curtains made for my 1912 Torpedo. I have found some pictures of side curtains laid flat, but no good photos showing them on the car. How far down on the door should they go? Does anyone have pictures?

Also, originally there were brass-plated spring steel clips which held the curtains against the windshield frame. Does anyone have a source for these? There are two on each side, above and below the windshield frame.

Thanks!

Bill Gall
1912 Torpedo
1915 Touring

Keith Townsend sent me this catalogue illustration of the top clips. I suspect that you could make some from spring steel sheet or even brass sheet.

I was able to obtain a copy of the side curtain for my '13 roadster from the archives. Give it a try! Maybe they might have it. Other things you might check on is where the original fastener were located, if you tack strips are still original. The clips shown above are what they used in 1912. I have a few of those, and yes, they really did use them. I also have a friend who has an early '12 with the original side curtains, and they have that clip. Good luck. Making side curtains is a rewarding experience.

I was able to obtain a copy of the side curtain for my '13 roadster from the archives. Give it a try! Maybe they might have it. Other things you might check on is where the original fastener were located, if you tack strips are still original. The clips shown above are what they used in 1912. I have a few of those, and yes, they really did use them. I also have a friend who has an early '12 with the original side curtains, and they have that clip. Good luck. Making side curtains is a rewarding experience.