Model T Ford accessories

Link to the article:
https://modeltfordfix.com/model-t-accessories-we-love-them/

Add your comments below.

Model T accessories could occupy a Forum all by themselves. I would be curious whether there are surviving Copywrite restrictions on materials that are this old, especially those involving now-defunct entities?
Regards,
Scott

The question on using copyrighted material can be found at this Baylor University site. Generally any material used for education is safe to be republished or discussed.

“Copyright has expired for works published in the United States before 1923, which means they are in the public domain. You are free to use or reproduce works in the public domain however you want. In addition, some works published between 1923 and 1963 may also be in the public domain, but this can only be determined on a case-by-case basis.”

Generally material reproduced as found in an educational format forum needs to consider “Fair Use.”

"Fair use allows limited use of copyrighted material without permission from the copyright holder for purposes such as criticism, parody, news reporting, research and scholarship, and teaching. There are four factors to consider when determining whether your use is a fair one. You must consider all the factors below, even though all the factors do not have to be in favor of a use to make it a fair one. It is important to remember that fair use is a defense for copyright infringement. Therefore much of what defines fair use is determined in outcomes of court cases. Stanford University maintains a list of important fair use court cases. Also, take a look at “A Fair(y) Use Tale” for an amusing, but accurate explanation of Fair Use, as well as an example of fair use, and Fair Use Fundamentals, a document commissioned by the Association of Research Libraries in 2015.

The four fair use factors are as follows:

1.The purpose and character of the use, including whether the use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
2.The nature of the copyrighted work, such as whether the work is fiction or non-fiction, published or unpublished;
3.The amount of the work used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole, such as using a poem in its entirety, or using one chapter from a long book;
4.The effect of the use upon the potential market for the copyrighted work. "

http://www.baylor.edu/copyright/index.php?id=56543

And when in doubt consult your attorney.

Many Thanks Donnie!

I had a broken butterfly valve on the Fulton “t” that plumbs into the exhaust pipe and subsequently noticed that there was a piece missing from the apparatus so I mounted mine on a stick. Put a couple 1914 quarters in the brass tubes that were missing a cap and decoupaged a 1924 Aermore advertisement I found on Ebay to the back. I thought I needed a new centerpiece for the dining room table.

Nice Aermore Jesse! I have one like it on my '14. Mine is all black and sooty because I toot it a lot while driving.

Here’s a great photo of a Hassler display at a trade show in the 1920’s.

You can narrow down this discussion a lot by only discussing Ford made accessories.

Most, if not all Ford accessories are in the 1926 Fordex. I don’t have a 1925 Fordex to compare, but that’s when Ford started adding his line of accessory products.