Model T quiz

Here is a quiz for all you T guys & Gals. I just completed one of the most difficult (for me) maintenance jobs to do on a Model T. What was it?

Happy motoring,

Warren

Did you just install left side body-to-frame bracket bolts without removing the Bendix and starter? You can probably guess why I thought of that.

I know a battery is super hard to install in some cars.

I’ve spent the most frustrating time working on reproduction parts that don’t fit. It’s great that they are available, and it is better than trying to make the part from scratch, but it does not make sense that something you pay a lot of money for is not made to fit or work right out of the box.

You made a Grose Jet work?

Steve, no I didn’t just install left side body-to-frame bracket bolts without removing the Bendix and starter? That would be way beyond my capabilities. I spent 4 hours just trying to install the brake pedal, so I could add the brake equalizer to my touring. Just getting those 4 it’see bit’see screws back on without dropping any, I still have nightmares about that!!!

Auto Inn, “I’ve spent the most frustrating time working on reproduction parts that don’t fit”. I know what your talking about, I bought a new reproduction map light for my '26 coupe and the holes to bolt it on to the did not even line up.

Tom, I do not know what a Groose Jet is, unless you’re talking about the valve to goes on a “bucket of steam” and I don’t own a left-handed monkey wrench, so I could not put it on if I had one.

David, you are on the right track!!! It is something that we all should be doing, especially during the hot weather months.

PS: it usually requires no tools.

Changed the coolant in your radiator?

Tom, you’re in the neighborhood, but not quite there.

Happy motoring,

Warren

maybe this will help

Car will never run cool with a hot babe like that in it! She’s a hood popper for sure!

The answer I was looking for was “checking the battery fluid level” in my '26 coupe!!!
I enjoyed reading all of your answers.

Happy motoring,

Warren

I have 26 coupe I just started on and the batteries are hard to get out for sure. I took it out but haven’t reinstalled it yet. Still changing some other little stuff the previous owner installed. Such as a ugly fuel filter, a toggle switch, a starter button instead of in the floor and a carp carb that was trash. But the battery has to go back in after a good charge unfortunately…lol :smiley:

'26 roadster, that is a great looking '27 roadster, thanks for those photos.

Happy motoring,

Warren