Rocky Mountain Brakes

Another
RM Clamp 4.jpg

Another

I don’t know why I’m still having problems posting these pictures. Royce says I should be able to do a dozen at a time, but it isn’t working! Because of this, I can’t remember what I’ve posted. Here is another try.

I don’t know why I’m still having problems posting these pictures. Royce says I should be able to do a dozen at a time, but it isn’t working! Because of this, I can’t remember what I’ve posted. Here is another try.

I give up! This site is a pain in the butt!

Larry,

This site is super easy to use, particularly posting photos. I wonder, are you resizing them? You should not have to do that. It’s made to take any photo that is up to maybe 3 MB and it automatically resizes it and posts it. You don’t have to monkey around with resizing like you do for the MTFCA. I wonder if you are resizing them too small? That’s about the only way I can imagine that they would not post easily.

I have found that when I start a thread, the window that comes up has a button that says “Edit and Preview” and I hit that. Then I have the same thing I’m working on now, the “Post Reply” button window. I’m probably making the thing harder than it has to be but it works well.

I don’t drag the photos into the text page where I’m typing. I use the “Attachments” tab below. Hit that then it prompts you to where you have the photos saved on the computer… Hit “Add files” (turns red) and go where the photo is filed, hit “open” and it falls in below. Maybe that is why I can’t get text between my pictures??

To add another, hit the “Add files” again and repeat. What happens is the next file falls into line and shows above the first photo. The only trick is to load them backwards so the last photo shows last.

I usually resize mine on my computer to “800 x XXX” and put a "rename title"whatever sub-title I want the picture to show grayed in at the bottom. The really neat thing about this setup is you can go back in weeks later and make a change, delete, etc. I haven’t tried to add text between photos but maybe I’ll add below in the File Comment box and see what happens.

I’d like to see those original Rocky pictures and not trying to hijack the thread.

No photos for this. I recently received a complete set of NOS small drum Rocky Mountain brakes! The only part missing is the bell crank, which I’m in the process of duplicating. I’ll probably use these on my 1917 Coupelet if I ever get around to it!

My good friend Kim Dobbins made me a new exact duplicate of an original bell crank loaned to me by Don Skille. It’s all ready for service now, and in the meantime, perhaps I’ll find an original?