Transmission disassembly

Deleted Reason: Insulting

My father served in WWII. So did my father-in-law, and all my uncles. They went, they did what they did what they had to do, they came home, and they got back to fitting in with society. They did not speak of their service, let alone brag about it.

I used to work construction. During my apprenticeship I worked for many vets of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. I worked with them after I finished my apprenticeship, and many vets worked fo me when I started running work. They were good guys for the most part, but I never heard any of them brag about their service or talk about what a great experience it was.

I guess it is good that you enjoyed your time in the sandbox and feel that it makes you superior to others because it makes you look at things differently, but I feel that you are an insult to all the vets who just did what had to be done and don’t brag about it or act like that puts them above others.

There is a ford gear puller on ebay right now! 60 bucks, with more than one trans, you will need it eventually and be glad you got it!https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ford-Model-T-Transmissin-Cam-Gear-Puller-5Z326-FREE-SHIP/272960696255?hash=item3f8db9afbf:g:sCwAAOSwY~laHut0

Thanks for the tip, and special thanks for your patience walking me through this process, but the only transmission work I intend to do is replacing bands. I want transmissions that are well balanced and done right, I don’t think I have the skills and tools to do that. I could probably put something together that would work but I run my speedster up to 55 mph. I don’t want something that I cobbled together under me running at that speed. I don’t mind paying someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to engine and transmission work.

I took this one apart to try to figure out how it works. In neutral the clutch is engaged. In low the clutch is engaged and the low speed drum is locked up with the band tight around it. In high the clutch is not engaged and everything is turning. In reverse the clutch is engaged and the reverse drum is locked up with the band tight around it. Is that correct?

But I still have not figured out how all the internals work together to accomplish all that…

===================================

Huh ? Time to get back on your meds, Amigo.

No one here wanted the disassembled '26 transmission, so I Ebayed it. I sold it in several parts and got about $400 after shipping. Most of it was free shipping and started at .99 bid, so buyers got honest prices and good deals! And I got rid of something I don’t need.

I still have the block. It is a '26 block and still has the crank in it, not an EE as far as I can tell, but I don’t know where to look for the marking. That block has two cracks where it froze up and the machine shop I use says it is not repairable. Some people have told me that since a Model T cooling system is not pressurized it is repairable. I don’t know, but I don’t want the block. Free to good home, but you pick up here or pay shipping and $25 for me to pack it up. I think Fasenal would ship it for $150 if I packed it correctly. Message me on this forum if you are interested in a cracked block, I will send you lots of pictures so you can determine if it is repairable. Best if you look at it here, I am in Chesterfield Va.